Museum 5th Fort of the Brest Fortress

The 5th fort was one of the defensive objects of the Brest-Litovsk fortress of the first line. It was built in 1878-1888, modernized in 1908-1911. It is located 4 km south-west of the Brest Fortress. It occupies an area of 0.79 km2.

The fort has a pentagonal shape. It was erected from a brick, surrounded by an earthen rampart, a moat filled with water. In the rear part, a barracks for the garrison was built, numbering eleven casemates, which was encroached on the floor by the floor. In the frontal part there was a front caponier (a fortification structure capable of conducting a fire in two opposite directions) for six guns, connected with the barracks of the central battle (an underground corridor linking various fort buildings with each other).

The opening of the branch of the memorial museum “5th Fort” was held on the 8th of May 2000. In 1995 5 forts were given the status of historical and cultural treasure. Since the 8th of May 2000 it is open for visiting.

The minimum group for the excursion is 10 people; the maximum group is 24 people
Share
Наш рейтинг: 5.0 из 5 Оценок: 314